October 6, 2014

Whirlwind of wedding planning

So, Mike proposed back in May on Mother's Day.


We have yet to set a date because his work doesn't do vacation schedules until November and Mike's the newbie to the shop so he's the last to get his pick of what week he wants.  However, that hasn't stopped the planning from going on.

I have my guest list done, my dress and bridesmaid dresses picked out, flower girl dress and all the guys clothes picked out.  I haven't asked my bridesmaids yet because I haven't seen them in person and Mike hasn't asked his guys either.  I have also decided how I want my cake decorated. I think I'm going with a small cake for Mike and I to cut, but then cupcakes for everyone else.  My extended family has about 40 people in it and almost half of those are kids so I figure cupcakes are fun for them.


As far as location, that's still undecided too. I would like an outdoor ceremony but I am too scared of bad weather to have an outdoor reception. My luck it would be a severe thunderstorm that day and we would all be rain soaked.  I do have a list of places I want to check out, but until I know a date I haven't called places yet.

We had engagement pictures taken back in August and I'm going to use those to make the guest book like this. 


Here's a few of my favorites from our engagement photos. I haven't seen all of them yet, the photographer just posted about 30 of them and is getting us the rest this week. Can't wait! 




Photos were taken by Nichole Frank Photography

I also have a few ideas of center pieces and stuff for the shower. Oh, and the first thing I did was create our registry, but there's only a few items on there so far. We are registered at two stores and we're doing a honeymoon registry. I decided that since we have lived together for 8 years and we have a house full of stuff and I don't want people buying us items we won't use or don't need a honeymoon registry would be a great alternative. We are going on a cruise and the cruise line offers the registry through them for things such as dinners, room upgrades, or excursions. Can't wait! 

So I think that's all I have done since we got engaged 5 months ago. I'm already overwhelmed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment