March 14, 2013

Crock Pot No Boil Manicotti

Manicotti is on the list of my favorite foods. So making it in the crock pot was right up my alley.  


2 cups cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 ½ teaspoons Italian Seasoning
¼ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1-8oz. package manicotti
 ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Jar or can of favorite marinara sauce


Spread about 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on bottom of crock pot. 


Mix cottage cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Fill manicotti noodles with this mixture. 


Place filled noodles in crock pot. 


Pour remaining sauce and remaining cheese on top. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. 


YUM! 



I purchased some crock pot liners the other day and this was the first recipe I used them for. It was nice to not have anything to clean up since I just tossed the whole liner bag in the garbage. But I'm not sure if I'll use them again since it seemed to make my noodles stick and was kind of annoying when I was trying to scoop them out since the bag was so big and I kept scooping the bag up with my noodles. 

1 comment:

  1. I put chicen tenders in my nodles instead of the cheade mixture but this sounds good

    ReplyDelete