March 11, 2013

Crock pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti

A friend of mine posted on their facebook that they were making this for dinner one night. I immediately searched her pinterest board and found the recipe. It's not your typical crock pot meal because you have to cook the noodles and it only cooks for 2-3 hours, but that's nice too because I threw it all together before picking Marley up at school, then once she got home from school we were off to dance class, and it was ready when we got home from dance. Always nice to come home and have dinner waiting.


1 pound Velveeta Pasteurized Processed Cheese Product 
12 1/2 oz canned chicken, drained & flaked 
10 3/4 oz Cream Of Chicken Soup
10 3/4 oz Cream Of Mushroom Soup
10 oz canned tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 cup water 
1/2 tsp table salt 
1/2 tsp black pepper 
14 1/2 oz cooked spaghetti


Combine all ingredients in slow cooker (except pasta)


Cook pasta and drain. Add to crock pot. 


Stir well. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. 




This made a lot. We ate some for dinner and I froze the rest before sending it to my brother and sister-in-laws so they could try it out. 

14 comments:

  1. Your Cheesy spaghetti recipe looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Nope. I was home most of the time it was cooking so I occasionally checked them. also only cook them al dente before adding them in.

      Delete
  3. I made this today... I thought it was good but a little to cheesy next time I will use 1/3 the box not 1/2 and I will us two cans of chicken, my kids were fishing around the noodles looking for more. It was so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to use the chicken you get from the deli and pick it off the bone. Adds yummy flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was very easy to make I may not use tomatoes with chilli a little spicy I also used fat free soups ans 2%Velveeta cheese and wheat pasta to make it healthier this was really good and hubby loves it thank u for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just boil and shred some chicken breast instead :) no more fishing for chicken ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks SO good!! Definitely going to try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could even add left over chicken from another night. Always use leftovera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks on your marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it,
    you happen to be a great author.I will always bookmark
    your blog and will come back later in life. I want to encourage you
    to continue your great job, have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks soooo good!! I’m not a fan of the flavor/texture of soy milk. Did you by chance test with dairy milk, or have thoughts on subbing it? Thanks!!
    Regards: Eve Hunt

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make something very similar and freeze it. The trick is to reheat it in the oven and not the microwave (which makes it weird and soggy.
    Paul Brown

    ReplyDelete