March 26, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole

I don't know anyone besides my mom that doesn't like bacon. In our house we love bacon and ranch. I think Marley could eat ranch by the spoonful if we let her. So what's better than bacon and ranch together?! I know! Add some chicken in there too. Yum! This casserole was really good. It did make a lot so I have some in the freezer for those nights when I don't feel like cooking.


1 lb. bacon, fried and crumbled (I used bacon bits)
2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken 
2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning
1 lb. bow tie pasta
2 jars of Alfredo sauce
1/3 cup of evaporated milk or regular milk
4 cups shredded Italian cheese blend


Cut chicken into cubes. Mix in ranch mix, evaporated milk and half a jar of alfredo sauce. 


Cook pasta al dente. Drain and return to pan. 


Pour half of a jar of alfredo sauce into bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Spread evenly. 


Begin layering casserole starting with half of noodles, then half the chicken mix, half of the second jar of alfredo sauce, half the bacon, and half the cheese. 


Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 







16 comments:

  1. Do cook the chicken before u add the ranch and sauce. Or cook the chicken, ranch and sauce together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken gets cooked in the oven once assembled.

      Delete
    2. Do you cover it before putting it in the oven?

      Delete
    3. Nope, just make sure to spread the cheese evenly on the top to avoid crunchy noodles.

      Delete
    4. my chicken did not cook all the way. I had to add extra time. so next time I will precook my chicken a little.

      Delete
    5. my chicken did not cook all the way. I had to add extra time. next time I will precook my chicken some. The dish is very delicious.

      Delete
  2. IF it taste as good as it looks , i bet its wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. always looking for something my daughter will eat, cannot get any better than chicken, bacon and ranch!!!
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! I wonder if one could substitute turkey bacon for the bacon, in order to remove some of the calories.
    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could. I hardly tasted the bacon so it shouldn't affect the taste much to switch it. let me know how it turns out though.

      Delete
  5. ever try chicken bacon and ranch pizza also yummy, I am trying this one also looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used rotisserie chicken cut up. Much easier and faster. Then you don't have to worry about the chicken being undercooked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What if you use egg noodles instead??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use any type. I probably just used what I had on hand.

      Delete
  8. Could I use pork instead of chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can. I'm not sure how long pork would take to cook in a dish like this, so maybe precook it before assembling it and baking it. Let me know how it turns out. =)

      Delete