January 28, 2013

Chicken Ranch Lasagna / Shells

I already made this once, typed it all up, pinned it to pinterest and everything. Then for some reason it disappeared.  Not exactly sure why or how it happened, but it gave me a reason to make it again.

2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk 
1 (1 oz) pkg. Hidden Valley dry Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix 
3 C. cubed, cooked, chicken
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16oz) lasagna noodles, cooked 
1 1/2 to 2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 to 2 C mozzarella cheese, grated


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat milk, pepper and ranch powder stirring frequently until dry ingredients are dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring frequently. 


Layer half of the noodles, chicken and cheese in dish. Pour half of sauce mix on top. Repeat layers. 


Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes. 


Last time I made this I used lasagna noodles. This time I used shells. It was much better this time. Either way works, but the shells seemed to add more volume to it, where as the lasagna noodles seemed flat and not as filling. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what I did wrong, but the sauce curdled terribly! It was totally inedible. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When simmering it, I made sure to turn my flame down as low as it would go and I stirred it a lot. I did have someone else mention on my facebook page that that happened to them also. I've made it twice and I haven't had that problem, but I just stirred a lot.

      Delete