December 27, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Casserole

This recipe looked very interesting to me. I usually eat breaded chicken when I have chicken parmesan so to see the breading on top of the whole thing was different, so of course I had to try it out.


2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Put olive oil and garlic on bottom of 9x13 baking dish.


Layer chicken and sauce next.


Sprinkle on the basil. Then put half of mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese on top.


Add all the croutons and cover with remaining cheese.



Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.


This was very good! There were no left overs. I also made some noodles to eat with it. However, next time I make it I will put a layer of noodles on the bottom of the dish so they're baked with it and I will smash the croutons so there aren't such big pieces. Otherwise it was very good!





3 comments:

  1. I like the crouton idea. I never thought of that and I think the noodles on the bottom is a nice addition. I guess add a little more liquid to keep them from getting too dry? Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend. Best wishes for tasty dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to make a casserole looks delicious. Thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melaine,
    This looks like a great casserole that we will really enjoy. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a good week!
    Miz Helen
    A New Follower

    ReplyDelete