October 16, 2012

Chicken Tater Tot Casserole

I'm back for another Pinterest recipe dinner.  This recipe looked easy to make and I already had all ingredients in my freezer.


1 (32 oz.) bag frozen tater tots
                                                                                    1 (3 oz.)bag bacon pieces
       1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup milk
salt & pepper, to taste


Place half of tater tots and 1/3 of the bacon bits into bottom of slow cooker/crock pot.


I didn't have any cheddar cheese, but if you did you would then put 1/3 of the cheese on top. Then add your chicken and salt and pepper. 


Add another 1/3 of bacon bits and 1/3 of the cheese (again, no cheese for me). Then rest of the tots and remaining 1/3 of cheese and bacon. 


Pour milk all over the top. 


Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. I have a fairly old crock pot and I cooked mine for 5 hours and it was perfect. 

I didn't have cheddar cheese, but I did have mozzarella that I added to the top once it was one cooking. 


I enjoyed this casserole, however, I don't think I will make it again. It was good but just seemed to be missing something. It seemed like it needed to be creamier. Mike added some ranch to his, but that didn't "fix" it for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment