September 16, 2012

Spaghetti Pie

This isn't a pinterest recipe, it's a recipe from my mom. I'm not sure where she got it but she started making it when I was still living at home. I haven't made it in the longest time, but now that I recently made it I wanted to share it because it's SO GOOD!!

1 (16oz) box of spaghetti noodles
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
1 (24oz) container of cottage cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil noodles to package instructions. Drain and let cool. Spray 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray and set aside.

In large bowl whisk together eggs and salt. Add mozz. and parm. cheese.


Add egg mix to noodles and mix together, making sure to coat all the noodles.


Pour noodle mixture into prepared dish and spread evenly.


Add layer of cottage cheese over noodles, spreading evenly. Add spaghetti sauce to the top and spread evenly also.


I added some more mozz. cheese to the top because I believe there's no such thing as too much cheese.


Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.



YUM!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment